Saturday, August 4, 2012

Welcome to my Harvest Pantry!

Anyone who knows me knows my absolute favorite past-time revolves around being in my kitchen. Or your kitchen. Or any kitchen for that matter. 

I honestly don't think there's anything more satisfying than dishing up good food to others. This blog has evolved as a result of so many requests from friends and family for recipes. That said, my purpose in all of this is to pass along delicious dishes in a way that reaches out to as many people as possible.   

So why "The Harvest Pantry"? Simple.  My outlook on cooking focuses on using seasonal ingredients whenever possible.  It follows that the best tasting food comes from the best tasting ingredients, and such ingredients possess the most flavor when they are fully ripened and fresh.  I also love the connotations that come with harvest.  Not only is it reminiscent of my favorite seasons (late summer and autumn), but there's a sense of people coming together that is so fundamental to my approach to food.  And pantry?  Those are your rustic, homey, comforting staples that no dining table should ever be without.  So with my seasonal staples, my Harvest Pantry combines freshness with tradition, resulting in a modern twist on comfort food.

I'll include photos to go along with recipes as I make them, as well as what I believe to be useful tips and suggestions. More often than not the dishes I prepare are experimental.  Because of this, I would appreciate honest feedback in the 'comments' section. I will, of course, include some of my all-time favorite recipes: those will be noted as such so you can try them with perhaps less apprehension. :-)

I will do my best to keep this updated to the extent my schedule allows.  Please bear with me for the first few entries - it may take a while to work out the kinks in this blog.

Thank you for following and enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment